Monday, July 8, 2013

Day 1 - Dogs!

Monday, July 8th
7:25 PM
Long Beach, CA


     Just got done washing the dog with my older sister after eating macaroni from Elbow's. I love that place so much. 10/10 would DEFINITELY recommend. It's like Subway for mac & cheese. Anyways, back to the dog. My dog's name is Xiggy, and he's a german shepherd mixed with God knows what. Possibly some akita, we don't really know. I wish I had a picture of him; he's absolutely adorable! He's about 2-3 years old. We got him when he was about seven months. He showed up at my mother's work during their 8th grade promotion ceremony. The principal was going to take him to a shelter, but my mom ran in and saved the day. I wasn't in school at the time, so I was knocked out in bed while all this was happening. I ended up waking up with the dog at the food of my bed. I screamed. Very loudly. He ended up being a great companion to my other dog Auggie, a purebread aussie shepherd. He passed a few months ago due to blood cancer. It was such a shame, too. Best dog EVER. He was of showdog blood, but since had white tips on his ears (which is considered a defect) nobody wanted him, so my mom snatched him up. He chewed up about one thing in his entire life. Wonderfully well behaved and very, very affectionate. I really recommend aussie shepherds for first-time dog owners. Trust me, you'll love them. You can't go wrong. They're also quiet. They only bark when someone is at the door. Also very gentle with kids. Never aggressive and never nippy or anything. Since Auggie has been gone, Xiggy has been extremely lonely. We're currently looking at a few german shepherd mixes and some border collie puppies for new companions for Xiggy. Boy oh boy is the house going to be filled with hair after we get the new dog. Xiggy has a tendency to shed like CRAZY. For a short-haired dog, it's really impressive. During the summer, he gets something we like to call "butt-chunks." Literal chunks of fur fall out from his hind area. You can just walk up and pull them out and he wont even notice. The chunks are about 1/2 inch thick. It's crazy!

- Cal

No comments:

Post a Comment